There’s an amazing Italian grocery store near me, which has some amazing pasta salads. They are not cheap, but they are delicious. My favorite one is the Gorgonzola and prosciutto pasta salad. This is my clone of it and it tastes exactly like theirs when tasted side by side.
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 1 pound frozen tortellini
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup minced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 Slice prosciutto into strips that are 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.
- 2 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil; stir in tortellini and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini float to the top and the filling is hot, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- 3 Mix oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a jar. Put the lid on the jar and shake into an emulsion.
- 4 Place tortellini, prosciutto, Gorgonzola cheese, bell peppers, and onion in a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over the top and toss lightly with 2 large spoons. Enjoy immediately or allow the flavors to meld for 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Calories 372.6
- Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 42 mg
- Fat 24.2 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Sodium 526.7 mg
- Sugar 2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.