- Published Dec 27th
Gram’s Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Gram’s Chicken Pot Pie for 6 servings:
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crusts, thawed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
Gram’s Chicken Pot Pie Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Gram’s Chicken Pot Pie easily:
- 1 In a large heavy pot, place chicken and water to cover. Bring to a boil and let simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, adding water as needed. When chicken is boiled and tender, pick all the meat off of the bones.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 3 Open 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and pour into a small saucepan. Add frozen peas and carrots, water and chicken bouillon to taste. Simmer all together until the soup is smooth. Add chicken meat and mix all together.
- 4 Pour chicken and soup mixture into one pie crust and cover with the other crust. Seal the edges and cut a small steam hole in the top crust. Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is brown. Yummy!
Per Serving: 798 calories; 51.6 grams of fat; 40 grams of carbohydrates; 41.1 grams of protein; 142 milligrams of cholesterol; 911 milligrams of sodium.