Simple and wonderful side dish family-favorite. Sorry, she never shared where this recipe came from.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy®)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2 Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and green bell pepper in hot butter until soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Mix whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, corn muffin mix, and eggs together in a bowl; pour into the prepared baking dish. Spoon sour cream evenly over corn mixture and top with onion mixture and Cheddar cheese.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and middle is mostly set, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Calories 323.3
- Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Fat 18.6 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Sodium 748.7 mg
- Sugar 5.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.