Everyone in my family loves this potato salad. We mix it up occasionally by adding in crumbled bacon or some garlic, or chopped ham, but usually it’s served as the recipe calls for.
- 4 potatoes
- ½ cup diced dill pickles
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain. Cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes. Peel and cut into bite-size pieces.
- 2 Combine potatoes, pickles, and chopped onions in a large bowl.
- 3 Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and pickle juice together in a small mixing bowl. Pour over potatoes. Gently toss until potatoes are coated with dressing. Add chopped eggs; gently mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Calories 515
- Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 206 mg
- Fat 52.1 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Sodium 555.5 mg
- Sugar 1.5 g