- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h 45m
Grandma Ruby’s Buttermilk Pound Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grandma Ruby’s Buttermilk Pound Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter-flavored extract
Grandma Ruby’s Buttermilk Pound Cake Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 15m
- Ready In1h 45m
To cook Grandma Ruby’s Buttermilk Pound Cake, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Grandma Ruby’s Buttermilk Pound Cake is about 1 hour 15 minutes , and you can serve your Grandma Ruby’s Buttermilk Pound Cake within 1 hour 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Grandma Ruby’s Buttermilk Pound Cake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®).
- 2 Sift flour, salt, and baking soda together into a bowl. Repeat sifting process 2 more times.
- 3 Beat sugar and shortening together until smooth and creamy. Add flour mixture, buttermilk, eggs, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and butter extract; beat until batter is just combined. Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 56.3 g of carbohydrate; 70 mg of cholesterol; 15 g of fat; 0.6 g of fiber; 5.3 g of protein; 3.9 g of saturatedFat; 135 mg of sodium; 38 g of sugar;