- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In3h 40m
Grandma’s Clover Leaf Rolls Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grandma’s Clover Leaf Rolls for 12 servings:
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F (43 degrees C))
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
Grandma’s Clover Leaf Rolls Cooking Instructions
- Ready In3h 40m
To cook Grandma’s Clover Leaf Rolls, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Grandma’s Clover Leaf Rolls is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Grandma’s Clover Leaf Rolls within 3 hours 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Grandma’s Clover Leaf Rolls easily:
- 1 Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until bubbles begin to form, but the milk is not simmering. Stir in the sugar, shortening, and salt; set aside until cooled to 110 degrees F (43 degrees C). Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2 Beat the egg in a mixing bowl, then stir in the yeast and milk. Stir in half of the flour until no lumps remain, then stir in the remaining flour a little at a time until a smooth dough forms. Place into a greased bowl, turn once to grease the top, cover, and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- 3 Grease a 12 sectioned muffin tin. Deflate the dough, and place onto a well-floured work surface. Divide the dough into 36 pieces, and form into balls. Place 3 balls into each muffin cup. Cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 4 Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 198 calories; 5.5 grams of fat; 31.9 grams of carbohydrates; 5 grams of protein; 17 milligrams of cholesterol; 209 milligrams of sodium.