Grandma’s egg noodle recipe has been passed down through the generations of my family. We serve this for holidays with buttered crumbs to accompany the turkey.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Beat eggs in a bowl using an electric mixer until combined. Add 1 cup flour and salt; beat until combined. Mix in remaining flour using a dough hook attachment until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- 2 Place dough on a floured cloth or board; knead until smooth and elastic. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces.
- 3 Roll out dough pieces using a pasta machine or by hand to desired thickness, adding flour to keep them from sticking as needed. If using a pasta machine, start rolling pasta at a #1 setting, roll again at a #2 setting, and again at a #3 setting.
- 4 Lay pasta sheets out on paper towels and let dry for 2 to 3 hours.
- 5 Cut dried pasta using a pasta machine to a fettucine-sized cut; let dry once more, about 1 hour.
- 6 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles and continue to boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and serve as desired.
- Calories 281.1
- Carbohydrate 48 g
- Cholesterol 139.5 mg
- Fat 4.3 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 635.1 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g