- Published Nov 30th
- Ready In1h
Grandma’s Italian Pizzelle Cookies Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grandma’s Italian Pizzelle Cookies for 30 servings:
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, or to taste
Grandma’s Italian Pizzelle Cookies Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Grandma’s Italian Pizzelle Cookies, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Grandma’s Italian Pizzelle Cookies is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Grandma’s Italian Pizzelle Cookies within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Grandma’s Italian Pizzelle Cookies easily:
- 1 Preheat a pizzelle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2 Beat eggs, sugar, and butter together using an electric mixer. Add flour and extracts; beat until combined.
- 3 Spray the inside of iron lightly with cooking spray.
- 4 Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into the center of each pizzelle grid. Close lid and bake until steam stops and cookies are light golden brown, 45 to 60 seconds.
- 5 Peel pizzelle off using a fork and lay flat on a newspaper. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while warm and let sit for 1 minute. Dust the other side. Repeat with remaining batter to make about 30 cookies.
- Cook's Notes:
- Margarine can be used in place of butter.
- Substitute almond extract for the anise extract if preferred.
Per Serving: 94 calories; 5.1 grams of fat; 10.9 grams of carbohydrates; 1.2 gram of protein; 29 milligrams of cholesterol; 39 milligrams of sodium.