Published Aug 2nd
Prep 10m Cook 20m Additional 2h 30m Ready In 2h 60m
Servings 1 9-inch pie Calories 481.7
This is a creamy lemon pie that is a great dessert on a hot summer day. Garnish with whipped cream.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 6 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shell
- 1 Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- 2 Stir a small amount of hot filling into the egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and lemon zest. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 3 Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 4 Fold whipped cream and sour cream into the lemon filling. Pour into the prepared pastry shell. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Calories 481.7
- Carbohydrate 46 g
- Cholesterol 218.4 mg
- Fat 31.5 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Sodium 201 mg
- Sugar 27 g