- Published Feb 4th
- Ready In45m
Grandma’s Pear Preserves Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grandma’s Pear Preserves for 48 servings:
- 6 cups peeled, cored, and sliced pears
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (2 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 8 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Grandma’s Pear Preserves Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Grandma’s Pear Preserves, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Grandma’s Pear Preserves is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Grandma’s Pear Preserves within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Grandma’s Pear Preserves easily:
- 1 Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 10 minutes. Let simmer while making jam.
- 2 In a large saucepan, combine pears, water, and lemon juice. Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pectin, and bring to a full boil. Stir in the white sugar, and continue boiling and stirring uncovered for 1 minute, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and stir in brown sugar, allspice, and nutmeg.
- 3 Quickly fill jars to within 1/2 inch of the top. Wipe rims clean, and top with lids. Process jars in boiling water for 10 minutes to seal.
Per Serving: 151 calories; 0.1 grams of fat; 38.9 grams of carbohydrates; 0.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 0 milligram of sodium.