- Published Nov 15th
Grapefruit Bars Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grapefruit Bars for 36 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit zest
Grapefruit Bars Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Grapefruit Bars easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- 2 Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside. In large bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, then add in grapefruit juice and zest and blend well. Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- 3 Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly colored on top. Set pan on a wire rack to cool. Frost with plain, lemon or orange icing and cut into bars.
Per Serving: 103 calories; 4.6 grams of fat; 14.6 grams of carbohydrates; 1.1 gram of protein; 10 milligrams of cholesterol; 74 milligrams of sodium.