Ground lamb is the main component for these Greek-inspired stuffed peppers. Add some rice and some traditional Greek flavors like onion, garlic, and fresh herbs to the bell pepper “boats”. Garnish with feta cheese crumbles, chopped tomatoes, and tzatziki for a colorful and delicious main course. We like this with buttery new potatoes with leeks and parsley, and a green vegetable or salad. Add a hearty bread, if you aren’t counting carbs!
- ½ cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- ⅓ cup minced yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 green bell peppers
- ¼ cup tzatziki sauce, or more to taste
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Place 1/2 cup rice in a container and cover with water. Allow to soak for the 15 or 20 minutes, and drain well.
- 3 Combine onion, garlic, rosemary, parsley, oregano, dill, coriander, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; stir to combine. Add ground lamb and drained rice. Using your hands, mix well until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- 4 Slice bell peppers in half, top to bottom, and remove membranes and seeds. Evenly divide lamb mixture amongst each of the bell pepper halves. Set stuffed peppers in a shallow baking dish.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until filling is cooked through, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the filling should read 160 degrees F (71 degrees C). Allow to cool slightly, and garnish with tzatziki (see note). Sprinkle feta cheese crumbles and chopped tomatoes evenly over the stuffed peppers before serving.
- Calories 395.6
- Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Fat 32.3 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Sodium 293 mg
- Sugar 3.9 g