- Published Mar 22nd
Greek Lamb-Feta Burgers With Cucumber Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Greek Lamb-Feta Burgers With Cucumber Sauce for 4 servings:
- 4 large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 pounds ground lamb
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, grated and squeezed very dry in a clean towel
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon red or rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 large, thin red onion slices
- 4 large, thin tomato slices
- 4 small (4 inch) pita breads
Greek Lamb-Feta Burgers With Cucumber Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Greek Lamb-Feta Burgers With Cucumber Sauce easily:
- 1 Set 4 whole garlic cloves in a small skillet over medium-high heat; toast until spotty brown, about 5 minutes. Peel, mince and set aside.
- 2 Break up lamb in a medium bowl. Sprinkle roasted garlic, feta, oregano, salt and pepper over meat; stir with a fork to combine. Divide into 4 portions. Toss meat back and forth between cupped hands to form a ball. Pat with fingertips to flatten to about 4 inches wide. Refrigerate.
- 3 Mix cucumber, sour cream, mint, vinegar, 1 minced clove of garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Refrigerate sauce until ready to serve.
- 4 Build a hot fire on one side of grill. Replace rack. When coals are covered with white ash, add burgers. Cover and cook, turning only once, until done, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium to medium-well burgers.
- 5 Grill pitas until spotty brown and warm, a minute or so per side. Split crosswise. Spread a couple of tablespoons of sauce over 4 pita halves. Top each with an onion slice, a tomato slice and a burger. Spread a portion of the remaining sauce over each burger. Top with remaining pita halves.
- For gas grill
- About 20 minutes before serving, preheat grill with all burners on high for about 10 minutes. Use a wire brush to clean rack, then use tongs to wipe a rag soaked in vegetable oil over it. Close lid and let reheat. Add burgers; cook, covered, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-well.
- Copyright 2005 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 650 calories; 46.8 grams of fat; 25.2 grams of carbohydrates; 31.2 grams of protein; 139 milligrams of cholesterol; 761 milligrams of sodium.