Savor the exotic flavors of the Mediterranean in an easy-to-prepare bowl. Be inspired by authentic Greek foods, like artichokes, Kalamata olives, cucumbers and feta cheese–and taste how sorghum grain enhances the goodness in every bite.
- 1 cup whole grain sorghum, uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 In a small saucepan, boil 4 cups of water and add 1 cup of whole grain sorghum to make 3 cups of cooked sorghum. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Fluff with a fork.
- 2 Combine all salad ingredients, including cooked sorghum, in a large bowl.
- 3 Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Calories 507.9
- Carbohydrate 52 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Fat 30 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Sodium 1186.2 mg
- Sugar 3.4 g