The Greek yogurt gives the same tang as sour cream and the low-fat cream cheese adds thickness. My family didn’t know the difference. Just made sure your yogurt is plain and not strawberry like I almost got. Serve over noodles or rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
- ½ pound shredded cooked chicken, or more to taste
- 1 Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms and onions in hot butter until soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- 3 Gradually stir flour into mushroom mixture; cook and stir until light golden brown, about 30 seconds. Add remaining chicken stock to mushroom mixture; simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 4 Stir yogurt into sauce; add cream cheese and stir until cheese melts and sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir chicken into sauce and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
- Calories 409.2
- Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Fat 28.4 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Sodium 573.8 mg
- Sugar 6.1 g