This is an easy to prepare, make-ahead-if-you-wish dish. All you need for accompaniment is mashed or baked potatoes, or rice. Great for company!
- ½ pound bacon
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20 ounces fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Place the bacon in a skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside. Melt the butter in a skillet, and saute the chicken breasts 10 to 12 minutes on each side, until the exterior is golden, the meat is no longer pink, and the juices run clear.
- 2 Place the green beans in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 3 Preheat the oven broiler. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 4 Arrange the beans in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with the chicken, and cover evenly with the soup. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bacon, and top with Cheddar cheese.
- 5 Broil 10 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.
- Calories 677.3
- Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.2 mg
- Fat 39.4 g
- Fiber 6.2 g
- Protein 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Sodium 1695.1 mg
- Sugar 3.9 g