Satisfy your craving for crunchy French fries but skip the guilt with these addictive air-fried green beans. Coated with a tasty panko-Parmesan crust, these crisp-tender “fries” are served with a spicy Sriracha mayo for dipping. Serve in place of French fries with a burger, or as an appetizer at your next party.
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Wash green beans and dry thoroughly.
- 2 Whisk together eggs and egg white in a shallow bowl until just frothy. Whisk in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3 Combine seasoned and regular panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and remaining salt and pepper in another shallow bowl; mix well.
- 4 Coat 1/3 of the beans lightly with the egg mixture, then toss in the bread crumb mixture until well coated. Place in a single layer in an air fryer basket and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- 5 Air-fry at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) until beans are golden and crunchy, about 6 minutes.
- 6 Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to coat and air-fry the remaining beans.
- 7 Stir together mayonnaise, Sriracha, and lemon juice in a small bowl until well combined. Serve with the air-fried green beans.
- Calories 227.1
- Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Fat 15.2 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Sodium 640.2 mg