This is an easy, nutritious, warm, and slightly nutty pasta dish that pairs well with just about any meat. This recipe is very adaptable. Want garlic or onion? Add it! More pine nuts? Great! Flavored tomatoes? Do it. It will pretty much work with whatever you have or want.
- 1 ½ cups orzo pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup pine nuts, or more to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add green beans, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir pine nuts until toasted and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 4 Combine orzo, green beans, pine nuts, tomatoes, remaining olive oil, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Calories 274.8
- Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Fat 11.4 g
- Fiber 3.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 161 mg
- Sugar 3.7 g