- Published Apr 4th
- Ready In55m
Green Beans and Pears with Bacon Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Green Beans and Pears with Bacon:
- ½ pound thick sliced bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 Bosc pears, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 quart water
- salt and pepper to taste
Green Beans and Pears with Bacon Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Green Beans and Pears with Bacon, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Green Beans and Pears with Bacon is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Green Beans and Pears with Bacon within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Green Beans and Pears with Bacon easily:
- 1 Cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until partially cooked but not brown, 5 to 6 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- 2 Combine the drained bacon, green beans, and pears in a large saucepan; pour enough water over the mixture to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to low and simmer until cooked and tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3 Remove from the pan to a serving dish with a slotted spoon, draining excess water. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 27.6 g of carbohydrate; 20 mg of cholesterol; 8 g of fat; 7.7 g of fiber; 9.4 g of protein; 2.6 g of saturatedFat; 443 mg of sodium; 14 g of sugar;