- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In20m
These beans are briefly boiled and tossed with cherry tomatoes in a buttery basil sauce to make the most yummy green beans ever! We serve these at Easter Dinner every year but are a delicious accent to any meal.
Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes for 6 servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups cherry tomato halves
Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In20m
To cook Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes, you need about 5 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes within 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes easily:
- 1 Place beans and water in a large saucepan. Cover, and bring to a boil. Set heat to low, and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain off water, and set aside.
- 2 Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, garlic salt, pepper and basil. Add tomatoes, and cook stirring gently just until soft. Pour the tomato mixture over the green beans, and toss gently to blend.
Per Serving: 122 calories; 8 grams of fat; 12.6 grams of carbohydrates; 2.6 grams of protein; 20 milligrams of cholesterol; 294 milligrams of sodium.