Spicy green curry dressing is tossed with green lentils and kamut grains for a zingy side dish for your summer BBQ. This salad is wonderful the day after preparation.
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 tablespoons pure peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon light vegetable oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ⅓ teaspoon garlic paste
- ¼ cup cooked kamut grains
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chopped radicchio
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Cover green lentils with boiling water in a saucepan. Allow to soak for 1 hour.
- 2 Whisk peanut butter, rice vinegar, water, lemongrass paste, tamari, sugar, oil, lime zest and juice, green curry paste, ginger paste, and garlic paste in a bowl; set dressing aside.
- 3 Drain lentils. Fill saucepan with enough fresh water so lentils are covered by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are cooked through but not mushy, about 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, put kamut grains in a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain kamut and lentils and let cool.
- 5 Combine cooled lentils and kamut grains in a bowl and toss until mixed well. Add tomatoes and radicchio. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Allow to rest at least 10 minutes before serving. Top with chopped cilantro.
- Calories 298.4
- Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Fat 10.3 g
- Fiber 10.3 g
- Protein 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Sodium 462.9 mg
- Sugar 5.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.