This is my favorite chicken dish. The green olives in this dish really make the flavors soar!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- ½ cup sliced green olives
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes, water, bell pepper, mushrooms, parsley, paprika, salt, pepper, rice and olives. Arrange chicken in skillet, cover and bring to a boil.
- 2 Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 1 hour. Note: If chicken is cooked through but rice is unfinished, remove chicken and let rice finish cooking; to serve, slice chicken and lay on top of cooked rice.
- Calories 294.8
- Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Fat 9.7 g
- Fiber 2.4 g
- Protein 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Sodium 1766.2 mg
- Sugar 3.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.