- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h
Green Risotto with Fava Beans Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Green Risotto with Fava Beans for 4 servings:
- ½ pound fresh, unshelled fava beans
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup grated Reggiano Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
Green Risotto with Fava Beans Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Green Risotto with Fava Beans, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Green Risotto with Fava Beans is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Green Risotto with Fava Beans within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Green Risotto with Fava Beans easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, shell the favas and discard the pods. Boil the favas for 4 minutes, strain and then immediately plunge into ice water. Let cool for 2 minutes then pierce the favas and squeeze them out of their skins. Separate 3/4 of the favas and puree in a food processor.
- 2 In a separate large saucepan bring the broth to a simmer, and keep it hot. Meanwhile, in another large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1.5 tablespoons of the butter and add the onions. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes; do not brown the onions. Add the rice and cook, while stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine, increase the heat to medium, and stir constantly. When the wine has been absorbed, add a little of the hot stock. Once the stock is absorbed, add a little more; repeat this process, stirring constantly, until the rice is cooked through.
- 3 To the cooked rice add the pureed favas, the remaining 1.5 tablespoons of butter, the rest of the favas and the cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the butter and cheese melt and the puree is incorporated evenly. Season with salt.
Per Serving: 457.2 calories; 69.5 g of carbohydrate; 32.3 mg of cholesterol; 11.1 g of fat; 7.9 g of fiber; 16.5 g of protein; 6.4 g of saturatedFat; 1413.6 mg of sodium; 4.6 g of sugar;