Don’t heat up the house when you want to bake a blackberry brioche bread pudding in the summertime – make a package and pop it on the grill. Scoop into bowls and top with whipped cream or ice cream to serve!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 12 ounces brioche bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pint blackberries, halved
- 4 ounces cream cheese, chilled and diced
- aluminum foil (such as Reynolds Wrap®)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, approximately 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt together in a large bowl. Fold in bread cubes, blackberries, and cream cheese. Set aside until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 3 Place a layer of heavy duty aluminum foil or 2 layers of regular aluminum foil on a flat surface. Brush aluminum foil with melted butter.
- 4 Arrange bread mixture in the center of the aluminum foil. Bring short ends together; fold over twice to seal. Bring sides in, leaving room for steam to form; fold over twice to seal.
- 5 Grill over indirect heat until bread pudding is puffed, liquid is absorbed, and edges are toasty, about 35 minutes.
- 6 Remove package from the grill; open carefully using tongs or mitts. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Calories 414.6
- Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Cholesterol 144.7 mg
- Fat 19.3 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 11 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Sodium 473.8 mg
- Sugar 25.7 g