Had some pears that needed to be used up, so we threw them on the BBQ. They taste great with pork chops (a little like an applesauce texture!) or even to accompany BBQ buffalo wings! The blue cheese is a nice pairing!
- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 pears, halved lengthwise and cored
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 2 Whisk the hot sauce and olive oil together in a separate bowl. Brush the flesh side of each pear half evenly with the mixture; place on preheated grill with the skin side on the grill. Stir the blue cheese and butter together in a small bowl; scoop even amounts of the cheese mixture into the cavity of each pear half.
- 3 Grill the pears on the preheated grill until soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Calories 81.8
- Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Fat 3.4 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 244.7 mg
- Sugar 8.2 g