- Published Aug 30th
- Ready In8h 8m
Grilled Chipotle Skirt Steak Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grilled Chipotle Skirt Steak for 6 servings:
- 1 cup Holland House® Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1 cup tomato puree or crushed tomatoes
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, or more if desired
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 pound) skirt steak or flank steak
Grilled Chipotle Skirt Steak Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 8m
The time needed to cook this Grilled Chipotle Skirt Steak is about 8 minutes , and you can serve your Grilled Chipotle Skirt Steak within 8 hours 8 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Grilled Chipotle Skirt Steak easily:
- 1 In a blender container, combine sherry cooking wine and remaining ingredients except meat. Cover and run on high until smooth.
- 2 Trim steak of any visible fat. Place steak in a non-metallic baking dish or sealable plastic bag. Add marinade; turn meat to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, turning meat one or more times while marinating.
- 3 Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Drain meat and discard marinade. Grill skirt steak about 6 minutes over direct heat with cover closed. Turn meat; grill with cover closed 2 minutes more or until cooked as desired. Flank steak will take longer to cook.
- 4 Slice steak into thin strips across the grain. Serve with warm corn tortillas, if desired.
- Cook time for skirt steak about 8 minutes; flank steak 12-14 minutes
- Use unseasoned tomato puree or crushed tomatoes, not tomato sauce. Tomato sauce is usually seasoned and high in sodium.
- Flank steak is thicker than skirt steak, so score flank steak with a sharp knife so meat absorbs more marinade. Flank steak also has less fat than skirt steak.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 8.8 grams of fat; 11 grams of carbohydrates; 19.3 grams of protein; 34 milligrams of cholesterol; 683 milligrams of sodium.