Grilled cod fillets basted with butter, lemon, and green onion.
- 2 (8 ounce) fillets cod, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (white part only)
- 1 Stack about 15 charcoal briquettes into a grill in a pyramid shape. If desired, drizzle coals lightly with lighter fluid and allow to soak for 1 minute before lighting coals with a match. Allow fire to spread to all coals, about 10 minutes, before spreading briquettes out into the grill; let coals burn until a thin layer of white ash covers the coals. Lightly oil the grates.
- 2 Season both sides of cod with Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, salt, and black pepper. Set fish aside on a plate. Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir in lemon juice and green onion, and cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Place cod onto oiled grates and grill until fish is browned and flakes easily, about 3 minutes per side; baste with butter mixture frequently while grilling. Allow cod to rest off the heat for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories 152
- Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Fat 6.6 g
- Fiber 0.3 g
- Protein 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Sodium 660.6 mg
- Sugar 0.4 g