No more dipping artichokes in mayo! These artichokes are grilled with a lemon garlic basting and dipping sauce. This is the best way to eat artichokes… healthy too!
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 lemon, quartered
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Fill a large bowl with cold water. Squeeze the juice from one lemon wedge into the water. Trim the tops from the artichokes, then cut in half lengthwise, and place halves into the bowl of lemon water to prevent them from turning brown.
- 2 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- 3 Add artichokes to boiling water, and cook for about 15 minutes. Drain. Squeeze the remaining lemon wedges into a medium bowl. Stir in the olive oil and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Brush the artichokes with a coating of the garlic dip, and place them on the preheated grill. Grill the artichokes for 5 to 10 minutes, basting with dip and turning frequently, until the tips are a little charred. Serve immediately with the remaining dip.
- Calories 401.9
- Carbohydrate 10 g
- Fat 40.7 g
- Fiber 4.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Sodium 659 mg
- Sugar 0.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.