The mild succulent taste of Golden Pompano is almost sweet and pairs perfect with Cajun spices, fresh herbs, and grilled sweet potatoes.
- 2 whole Golden Pompanos
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 each orange slices
- 2 slices lemon
- 6 leaf (blank)s basil leaves
- 1 Prepare a charcoal grill so you have a hot and cool side. Lightly oil the grate.
- 2 Toss sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and Cajun seasoning in a bowl until well combined. Put sweet potatoes in a grill wok and place on the hot side of the grill. Cook until almost done, turning occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes. Move grill wok to the cool side of the grill.
- 3 Clean pompanos and coat inside and outside with remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place 1 orange slice, 1 lemon slice, and 3 basil leaves into the cavity of each fish.
- 4 Place fish directly on the grill grates on the hot side of the grill. Close lid. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until fish easily flakes with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Calories 382.1
- Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Fat 20.4 g
- Fiber 7.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 243.8 mg
- Sugar 9.5 g