This recipe is great either on the grill or in the oven broiler. The tomatoes give it a little bite. My entire family loves it, even my pickiest eater. In the winter I make this dish in my oven or broiler. The amounts I gave are approximate. I use two cans of tomatoes when I want more ‘bite,’ only one can when I want less. I like a lot of garlic so I generally use a lot.
- 5 pounds skinned, deboned mahi mahi, cut into chunks
- ¾ (4.5 ounce) jar bottled minced garlic
- ½ cup butter, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 ½ lemons, juiced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 Preheat grill for high heat.
- 2 Place mahi mahi in an aluminum foil pan, and toss with the garlic to coat. Distribute butter evenly throughout pan. Spread onions over fish. Pour the lemon juice, wine, and diced tomatoes with green chile peppers over the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Tightly cover pan with aluminum foil.
- 3 Place pan on the grill grate, and cook fish 35 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
- Calories 336.6
- Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 179.5 mg
- Fat 15.3 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Sodium 480.4 mg
- Sugar 0.6 g