- Published Aug 12th
The flavoring mixture, which accounts for most of the ingredients, is easy to assemble and, as a bonus, serves as both meat marinade and salad dressing. Simply siphon off some of the mixture as a marinade. Whisk extra oil into the rest for a first-rate dressing.
Grilled Mojo Chicken Salad With Asparagus and Oranges Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grilled Mojo Chicken Salad With Asparagus and Oranges for 6 servings:
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 oranges
- 1 bunch medium asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
Grilled Mojo Chicken Salad With Asparagus and Oranges Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Grilled Mojo Chicken Salad With Asparagus and Oranges easily:
- 1 Whisk first seven ingredients plus 2 Tbs. oil in a 2-cup measuring cup. Pour all but 3/4 cup of mixture into a gallon-sized zipper bag. Add chicken; seal and refrigerate 30 minutes to 4 hours. Whisk 1/4 cup of oil into remaining mixture for dressing. Peel and section oranges. Sprinkle asparagus with oil, salt, pepper.
- 2 Build a fire on only one side of grill (to conserve charcoal). When coals are covered with white ash, place chicken on rack over direct heat, cover and grill until well browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn, cover and grill another 4 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken and add asparagus, spears perpendicular to rack. Grill 3 to 5 minutes, until well browned and just cooked through.
- 3 Remove chicken and let stand for 5 minutes or up to 1 hour. Cut, crosswise, into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Toss greens, oranges, salt and pepper with most of the dressing. Arrange salad in six shallow bowls. Place chicken and asparagus over each. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- FOR GAS GRILL
- At least 10 minutes before cooking, turn all burners on high. Clean rack with a wire brush, then use tongs to wipe paper towels soaked in vegetable oil over it. Place chicken and asparagus on rack, being careful not to overcrowd. Cover and cook until chicken and asparagus are well browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and continue to grill, covered, until asparagus is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer, and chicken has cooked through, 5 to 9 minutes longer, depending on thickness.
- Copyright 2005 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 386 calories; 17.2 grams of fat; 27.2 grams of carbohydrates; 32.5 grams of protein; 75 milligrams of cholesterol; 290 milligrams of sodium.