- Published Jul 9th
- Ready In50m
Grilled Sweet Onions Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grilled Sweet Onions for 6 servings:
- 6 whole sweet onions (such as Vidalia®)
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 6 ice cubes (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 12x12-inch squares aluminum foil
Grilled Sweet Onions Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Grilled Sweet Onions, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Grilled Sweet Onions is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Grilled Sweet Onions within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Grilled Sweet Onions easily:
- 1 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- 2 Peel brown outer layers from an onion. Using a sharp knife, cut a cone-shaped core from the top of the onion, about 2/3 of the way into the vegetable. The core should be about 1 1/2 inches wide at the top. Insert a bouillon cube into the hollowed-out space, followed by an ice cube (for more moisture, if desired). Top the ice cube with 1 tablespoon of butter. Wrap the filled onion in a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a small vent at the top. Repeat with the rest of the onions and filling ingredients.
- 3 Set the foil-wrapped onions on the preheated grill vent-sides up, and grill until onions are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 168 calories; 11.8 grams of fat; 14.6 grams of carbohydrates; 2.4 grams of protein; 31 milligrams of cholesterol; 952 milligrams of sodium.