- Published Jun 19th
- Ready In2h 15m
Grilled turkey breast, ham, cheese and pickles in a panini-style sandwich.
Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches for 6 servings:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 (3 pound) Butterball® Boneless Breast of Turkey Roast, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 loaves Cuban, French or Italian bread (15 inches long)
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/2 pound smoked ham
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 12 sandwich-style dill pickle slices
Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 15m
To cook Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches is about 2 hours , and you can serve your Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches within 2 hours 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches easily:
- 1 Spray cold grate of outdoor gas grill with cooking spray. Prepare grill for medium indirect heat.
- 2 Remove turkey from package. Dry with paper towels. Discard gravy packet or refrigerate for another use (within 2 - 3 days). Lift string netting and shift position on roast for easier removal after cooking. Cut small slits, at least 1 inch apart, over entire surface of turkey. Insert 1 garlic slice into each slit. Brush turkey with oil.
- 3 Combine cumin, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over turkey.
- 4 Place turkey on grill grate over drip pan. Cover grill with lid. Grill 1 1/4 to 1-3/4 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees F when inserted into center of roast. Remove from grill. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 5 Remove string netting. Cut half of the turkey into six 1/8-inch-thick slices. Set aside. Refrigerate unsliced turkey for another use.
- 6 Cut each bread loaf lengthwise in half. Then, cut each into 3 pieces (for 6 sandwiches). Spread the bottom half of each section with 2 teaspoons mustard. Top with the sliced turkey, ham, cheese and pickles. Cover with tops of bread loaves. Press sandwiches with hands to flatten. Tightly wrap individually in aluminum foil.
- 7 Place wrapped sandwiches on grill grate. Top each with heavy iron skillet or brick. Grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until heated through.
- 8 Serve sandwiches warm, wrapped in aluminum foil.
Per Serving: 1066 calories; 34.4 grams of fat; 95.1 grams of carbohydrates; 91.6 grams of protein; 202 milligrams of cholesterol; 2712 milligrams of sodium.