Every fall, I look forward to making cabbage. I just love it in so many ways. I think that you too will love this layered cabbage casserole with ground beef. It is so easy to prepare and has such flavor. It is easy to eat too much, it is so good.
- 1 cooking spray (such as Pam®)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups coarsely chopped celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 large head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan and an 8-inch square or round pan with cooking spray.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, celery, and onion in the hot skillet with salt and pepper until beef is browned and crumbly and vegetables are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add cream of mushroom and Cheddar cheese soups and mix well.
- 3 Layer cabbage into both of the prepared pans. Add 2 sliced potatoes to the 8-inch pan and remaining potatoes to the 9x13-inch pan. Spread around to cover. Spoon meat mixture over the potatoes and cabbage in both pans.
- 4 Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes more.
- Calories 346.3
- Carbohydrate 23 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Fat 17.9 g
- Fiber 4.1 g
- Protein 23 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Sodium 627.3 mg
- Sugar 5.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.