A delicious mix of ground beef, chorizo, beans, and vegetables in a hearty tomato base. I entered it in a chili cook-off and it won!
- 4 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 pounds chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can small red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 14 ⅓ ounces frozen corn
- 1 dash hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot ®), or more to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
- 1 Pour tomatoes into a large stockpot over medium heat.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Transfer beef to the stockpot.
- 3 Cook and stir chorizo in the same hot skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Transfer chorizo to the stockpot.
- 4 Heat oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic until very well cooked and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder and cook for about 3 minutes more. Transfer onions to the stockpot with lime juice, salt, and black pepper. Stir black beans, pinto beans, and kidney beans into the pot.
- 5 Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and lightly saute bell peppers, about 5 minutes. Add to the stockpot.
- 6 Add corn to the stockpot and season with additional salt and pepper. Add hot sauce to taste and simmer for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve.
- Calories 686.5
- Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Fat 36.2 g
- Fiber 13.6 g
- Protein 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Sodium 2477.5 mg
- Sugar 10.2 g