Super yummy cake that even a non-drinker will enjoy! For St. Patrick’s Day or any other day that you want!
- 1 cup Irish stout beer (such as Guinness®)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, sliced
- 2 cups white sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2 Pour stout beer into a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 1 cup sliced butter; heat until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Whisk in white sugar and cocoa powder until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- 3 Mix sour cream, eggs, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract together in a bowl. Stir into beer mixture. Whisk flour and baking soda into the beer mixture until batter is smooth; pour into the greased pan.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 60 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake; cool to room temperature on a wire rack, about 30 minutes. Remove ring and transfer cake to a serving platter.
- 5 Beat 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese together in a bowl. Add vanilla extract. Mix in confectioners' slowly until icing is smooth. Add Irish cream liqueur 1 tablespoon at a time to thin frosting to a spreading consistency. Spread frosting over cooled cake.
- Calories 673.7
- Carbohydrate 83.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Fat 35.4 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Sodium 306 mg
- Sugar 67 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.