An award winning dip that’s festive and a big hit with avocado fans. Most feedback was based on the shrimp. It threw everyone for a loop and added an unexpected flavor and texture. Try substituting canned shredded crab meat if you’re a crab lover. You can vary the ingredients to taste and based on how large the avocados are. My dip has never come out the same way twice, but always a big hit!
- 4 ripe avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 ½ cups picante sauce (such as Pace® Picante Sauce)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- ½ cup cooked small shrimp, chopped
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Morton® Nature's Seasons® Seasoning Blend)
- 1 Whisk together the avocado, picante sauce, olives, sour cream, and shrimp. Season to taste with seasoned salt.
- 2 Refrigerate for 2 hours; stir to mix well before serving.
- Calories 103.3
- Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Fat 9 g
- Fiber 2.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 196.7 mg
- Sugar 0.8 g