- Published Feb 7th
- Ready In1h 41m
Halibut in Spicy Coconut Soup with Fried Taro Chips Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Halibut in Spicy Coconut Soup with Fried Taro Chips for 4 servings:
- 1 taro, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or as needed, divided
- 4 bone-in halibut steaks
- 1 head green cabbage, quartered
- 4 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green chile pepper, finely chopped, or more to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Halibut in Spicy Coconut Soup with Fried Taro Chips Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 11m
- Ready In1h 41m
To cook Halibut in Spicy Coconut Soup with Fried Taro Chips, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Halibut in Spicy Coconut Soup with Fried Taro Chips is about 1 hour 11 minutes , and you can serve your Halibut in Spicy Coconut Soup with Fried Taro Chips within 1 hour 41 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Halibut in Spicy Coconut Soup with Fried Taro Chips easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add taro; cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Cut cooled taro into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 2 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook halibut steaks in the hot oil until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Place halibut steaks on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- 3 Place cabbage quarters in a large saucepan. Pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- 4 Spread cabbage evenly over the bottom of a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Arrange halibut steaks on top. Layer tomatoes, onion, and chile pepper over halibut.
- 5 Stir coconut milk and water together in a bowl. Pour into the Dutch oven. Season with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until halibut flakes easily with a fork, about 30 minutes. Avoid stirring too often to keep halibut intact. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- 6 Heat remaining 6 tablespoons vegetable oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook taro slices in batches until slightly golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool. Season with sea salt.
Per Serving: 773 calories; 70.4 grams of fat; 31.3 grams of carbohydrates; 15.4 grams of protein; 10 milligrams of cholesterol; 186 milligrams of sodium.