My kid’s teacher asked for ‘non-sweet treats’ for a Halloween party. A search of Allrecipes showed there were very few like that, so I took some party mix recipes and made my own. Pretzel sticks = wooden stakes. Animal-shaped crackers = wild beasts. Toasted rice cereal = tombstones.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex®)
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seed kernels
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup goldfish crackers
- 1 Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Place butter in a 9x13-inch baking dish; melt in oven while it preheats.
- 2 Stir Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and seasoned salt into melted butter. Gradually stir rice cereal squares, pumpkin seeds, pretzel sticks, and goldfish crackers into butter mixture until evenly coated.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until crisp and fragrant, about 1 hour. Transfer party mix to paper towel-lined plates to cool.
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Fat 11.3 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Sodium 560.7 mg
- Sugar 2.1 g