A pizza in half, much better than calzones. Had them all over in the Italian areas in Philadelphia growing up. Serve with spaghetti sauce or Ranch dressing.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- ¼ pound cooked ham, sliced
- ¼ pound Capacola sausage, sliced
- ¼ pound salami, sliced
- ¼ pound pepperoni sausage, sliced
- garlic powder to taste
- ¼ pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Let dough rise according to package instructions, then punch down, and divide into 4 pieces.
- 2 On a floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a long oval shape. Spread each with sauce, then layer with ham, capacola, salami, and pepperoni. Sprinkle with garlic powder, then top with mozzarella, onion, mushrooms and bell pepper. Bring the long sides together over the center, and pinch together to seal. Turn over, so that the seam is on the bottom, and place on an ungreased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut 3 diagonal slices to allow the steam to escape.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Calories 659.2
- Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Fat 28.6 g
- Fiber 4.7 g
- Protein 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9 g
- Sodium 2142.8 mg
- Sugar 16.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.