Delicious, filling, convenient, and economical – what’s not to love? I got this recipe from my good friend Harriet who got it from her daughter-in-law Marlo. It tastes like a light chili, and my children and husband are very fond of it. It makes a bunch, so I always have leftovers for school lunches.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion; cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, pork and beans, creamed corn, whole kernel corn, ketchup, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Reduce heat to medium or medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until stew is hot and flavors meld, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 378.4
- Carbohydrate 48 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Fat 11.8 g
- Fiber 6.7 g
- Protein 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Sodium 974.4 mg
- Sugar 16.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.