- Published Sep 3rd
- Ready In15m
Hawaiian Hot Chocolate Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Hawaiian Hot Chocolate for 4 servings:
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whipped cream, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted, shredded coconut
Hawaiian Hot Chocolate Cooking Instructions
- Ready In15m
To cook Hawaiian Hot Chocolate, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Hawaiian Hot Chocolate is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Hawaiian Hot Chocolate within 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Hawaiian Hot Chocolate easily:
- 1 Whisk half-and-half, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium-high heat until cocoa and sugar dissolve. Remove from heat when mixture begins to steam, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Whisk vanilla extract, coconut extract, and salt into cocoa mixture. Pour into glasses and top each with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- Cook's Notes:
- Can substitute coconut emulsion for coconut extract. Coconut emulsion pairs well with cocoa better than coconut extracts that I have tried. Likely due to less alcohol in the emulsion. The emulsion I use has a strong flavor, and recipes may need to be adjusted based on flavor and your preference.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut rum to each mug before serving to make an adult version of this hot chocolate.
Per Serving: 445 calories; 26.5 grams of fat; 45.3 grams of carbohydrates; 9.9 grams of protein; 78 milligrams of cholesterol; 365 milligrams of sodium.