Zucchini provides a healthy touch to this delightfully rich and creamy sauce! Reduced amounts of cream and cheese also make this great recipe healthier.
- 1 pound whole wheat fettuccine
- 8 ounces zucchini, cut into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Lightly cook zucchini by tossing into pasta water just before draining.
- 2 Heat butter and garlic in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley.
- 3 Toss sauce with cooked whole wheat fettuccine and zucchini strips.
- Calories 251.3
- Carbohydrate 4 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Fat 22.6 g
- Fiber 0.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14 g
- Sodium 365.9 mg
- Sugar 1.2 g