- Published Jul 2nd
- Ready In1h
Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II for 6 servings:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half
Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II easily:
- 1 Pound chicken breasts to 1-inch thickness. Place a Swiss cheese and ham slice on each breast, within 1/2-inch of edge. Fold edges of chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks. Mix flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat chicken pieces.
- 2 Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes each side. Add lemon juice and chicken bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
- 3 Remove toothpicks and transfer breast to a warm platter. Blend cornstarch and half-and-half in a small bowl. Whisk slowly into skillet, cooking and stirring until thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour over chicken and serve warm.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe is a healthier version of Chicken Cordon Bleu II.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 24 grams of fat; 11.2 grams of carbohydrates; 41.2 grams of protein; 143 milligrams of cholesterol; 699 milligrams of sodium.