You can call this soup or chili, but either way it is wonderful! This recipe is also very adaptable to your personal taste. This healthier version includes more fresh veggies/herbs and uses seasoning mix from the Healthier Taco Seasoning I recipe on this website. Serve topped with a variety of reduced-fat options.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 1 ½ tablespoons taco seasoning, reduced sodium
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 2 ounces crushed baked tortilla chips
- 1 Place onion, chili beans, black beans, chopped carrot, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and beer in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by other ingredients. Cover and cook on Low for 5 hours.
- 2 Remove chicken breasts from soup and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred chicken and stir back into soup. Continue cooking on Low for 2 hours. Serve with cilantro, Cheddar cheese, light sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.
- Calories 327.9
- Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Fat 5.8 g
- Fiber 9.4 g
- Protein 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 1275 mg
- Sugar 5.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.