This is my take on a healthy, protein-packed, energy-filled peanut butter ball. We all know nuts and seeds are nutritious, but getting them into your diet can be hard when eating them raw doesn’t appeal. Here they add a lovely crunchy texture and complement the strong peanut butter taste. This is a great low-carb snack between meals or to satisfy an after-dinner sweet tooth. Make sure you use an all-natural peanut butter with no additives.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- ½ ounce dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, or as needed
- 1 Spray a small skillet with cooking spray; add sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Warm over low heat until they just start to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl. Add peanut butter, almond flour, flaxseed meal, dark chocolate, and honey to the bowl. Mix well.
- 2 Scoop out level tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture with a measuring spoon. Roll into balls with your fingers.
- 3 Place shredded coconut in a shallow bowl. Roll each ball in coconut to coat. Transfer to refrigerator; chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 88.1
- Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Fat 7.4 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 15.5 mg
- Sugar 1.5 g