This easy and delicious recipe is certified by the American Heart Association. By making a few simple ingredient swaps, you can enjoy this all-American side dish all season long!
- 2 ¾ pounds Idaho® Russet Potatoes
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup dill pickles, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Miracle Whip
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons brine from a pickle jar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Scrub Idaho® Russet Potatoes well, but do not peel. Place potatoes in a stockpot, add water to cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until a knife can easily pierce the potatoes but they are still firm. Pour off the hot water and add cold water to the pot to help cool down the potatoes. Set potatoes aside while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- 2 Remove the yolks from 4 of the hard-boiled eggs. Discard or save for another use. Roughly chop the 4 egg whites and 2 of the whole eggs, saving 2 for garnish. Add the chopped eggs to a large mixing bowl. Add the onion and chopped pickles to the bowl.
- 3 In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, Greek yogurt, dill pickle brine, yellow mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine; set aside.
- 4 Remove the cooled potatoes from the pot of water. With a paring knife, remove the potato peels (they will come off easily). Cut the potatoes into small cubes and add to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl. With a wooden spoon, gently toss the salad ingredients to mix. Add the dressing mixture and gently toss again to coat all ingredients well.
- 5 Transfer potato salad to a serving bowl. Cut the remaining 2 eggs into thin slices and arrange them around the salad to garnish. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving (preferably overnight) to let the flavors combine.
- Calories 111.7
- Carbohydrate 3 g
- Cholesterol 144.7 mg
- Fat 8.6 g
- Fiber 0.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 342.9 mg
- Sugar 2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.