- Published Jun 4th
- Ready In47m
Hearty Breakfast Cookies Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Hearty Breakfast Cookies for 12 servings:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
Hearty Breakfast Cookies Cooking Instructions
- Ready In47m
To cook Hearty Breakfast Cookies, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Hearty Breakfast Cookies is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Hearty Breakfast Cookies within 47 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Hearty Breakfast Cookies easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- 2 In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs and water.
- 3 Mix together flours, oats, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix into peanut butter mixture. Stir in raisins or dates (see Cook's Note). Drop by ice cream scoopfuls 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks. Store in an airtight container.
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute chopped pitted dates for the raisins.
Per Serving: 478 calories; 21 grams of fat; 64.9 grams of carbohydrates; 12.3 grams of protein; 51 milligrams of cholesterol; 579 milligrams of sodium.