My grandmother fixed this for us growing up and I love it. It is a thick and hearty sauce for spaghetti or your favorite noodle! Of course the bread of choice would have to be Texas garlic bread!
- ½ pound ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows; drain.
- 2 In a large pot combine browned beef and spaghetti sauce over medium heat for 5 or 10 minutes. Add yellow peppers, red peppers, canned tomatoes and mushrooms. Lower heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
- Calories 351.4
- Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Fat 14 g
- Fiber 7.8 g
- Protein 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Sodium 1110.9 mg
- Sugar 24.8 g