A winter favorite in our home, this hearty soup will warm you up on the coldest winter day. Serve with warm cornbread for a filling dinner.
- 1 ½ pounds bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) garbanzo beans, drained
- ¾ cup instant white rice
- 1 Cook and stir the sausage, onion, and bell pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- 2 Stir the tomato soup, water, pork and beans, barbeque sauce, and garbanzo beans into the sausage mixture; reduce heat to low and simmer another 15 minutes. Add the instant rice and continue cooking until the rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Calories 648.4
- Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Cholesterol 55 mg
- Fat 25.4 g
- Fiber 10.9 g
- Protein 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Sodium 2186.9 mg
- Sugar 23.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.